Job Posting – VSW Resource & Volunteer Coordinator
Vancouver Status of Women
Aboriginal/Indigenous women & Women of Colour are strongly encouraged to apply. Affirmative Action principles are in effect for this hiring. Please feel free to identify any barriers you may face in your application.
Volunteer Development & Anti-Oppression Strategy
• Responsible for the overall volunteer coordination of VSW, including recruitment, evaluation and training
• Coordinates orientation and training for volunteers, including anti-oppression & referral training
• Providing support and reference for volunteers
• Supports volunteers through check-ins, evaluations and in/formal appreciations
• Coordination of the Anti-Oppression Strategy with the support of the Staff Collective and Steering Committee
• Develop & coordinate anti-oppression training, workshops, facilitation, and popular education within VSW and in the larger community
• Develop anti-oppression tools & resources
• Coordinate and share in the daily handling of telephone and in-person referral & resource enquiries while maintaining records
• Develop and maintain library and resource materials
• Coordinate and update referral information
• Solicit and/or develop resources for women using the Resource Centre
• Develop training resources for Resource Centre and telephone/drop in referral volunteers
• Knowledge and experience working collectively within a feminist organization (Knowledge of consensus based decision-making an asset)
• Experience with volunteer coordination in a non-profit organization
• Knowledge of community resources and social services available to women in the Lower Mainland
• Experience with delivering referrals and referral training in the Lower Mainland
• Facilitation skills and experience
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Strong interpersonal skills to work independently as well as collectively
• Awareness of issues faced by historically marginalized communities, including Aboriginal women, women of colour, women with disabilities, queer women
• Librarian experience / skills is an asset
• Fluency in a language other than English is an asset
• This is a full-time staff position at 30 hours per week.
• $18/hour, plus benefits (medical/dental/life insurance) and annual holidays.
DEADLINE for application: 5:00pm – Friday May 18th, 2007
No phone calls please.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday May 22nd, 2007
Anticipated start date is Monday June 4th, 2007
Submit resume, cover letter and three references to:
Resource & Volunteer Coordinator Hiring Committee
2652 E. Hastings Street, Vancouver, BC V6A 3Y1
OR fax: 604-255-7508
We thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Vancouver Status of Women is a non-profit, feminist, community based organization with a vision of Freedom and Self-determination for all through responsible, socially just, healthy and joyful communities both locally and globally. VSW works with women to ensure our full participation in the social, economic and political life of our communities.