In the olden days queer publications would run classified ads for the community. These could include lesbian, gay, queer and trans friendly housing or jobs, things for sale by and for queers, and even dating ads. It was nice, and helpful, and built community. Note: As the ads are meant to build community resources, we reserve the right to refuse free ads if we think it’s not appropriate or helpful for our audience. Also, keep it clean and legal.
Note: We are just giving this a try. If it turns out to be a terrible idea, we reserve the right to withdraw the free ads at our sole discretion.
For a limited unspecified time ads of that type will be FREE on lesbian quarterly in the following categories:
- Women for Women Dating – women and women-identified folks who are looking to date other women. Ads including dudes (eg: unicorn hunters) are not appropriate for a free ad. Transfolk welcome. If ‘woman’ doesn’t describe you but you have direct personal experience of sexism and identify with women’s communities, go ahead. No, cis dudes, this does not include you.
- Help Wanted – jobs for lesbians and queer and trans folk. We reserve the right to refuse free ads in this category for jobs at our sole discretion.
- Housing for Lesbians – housing ads for homes open to queer women (inclusive of cis and tran women, of course).
- Events for Lesbians – Events by and/or for queer women
- Giving stuff away – giving away a thing and like to give it to a queer/les/bi woman?