Health: BC Centre of Excellence for Women’s Health – Lesbian Health Information & Research Downloadable Women’s Health Research – Including research specifically about lesbians
Support Groups –
- Les/Bi Cancer Support Group—Patient & Family Counselling, BC Cancer Agency Info Sarah Sample or Sydney Foran 604- 877-6098
- North Shore Women’s Centre (www.vcn.bc.ca/nswc) Resource centre, drop-in group for lesbians and bi women Free/confidential. 944 W 16th Street (Hamilton Ave) N Van 604-984-6009
Women’s (ltbq) Coming Out Groups Free @ the Centre 604-684-5307 www.lgtbcentrevancouver.com
Social / Recreational / Sports—
- Menopausal Old Bitches (MOB) lesbians over forty 604-684-9872 ext 2118
Vancouver Women’s Outdoor Club—See article in LQ3 & Lesbian Agenda for monthly meetings.
- Mildred Women’s Volleyball League 604-684-9872 x2002
- Mabel League Women’s Fast Pitch Softball League www.mabelleague.com (season runs April-August, with new players accepted till Mid-May)
- Gazebo Connection- professional lesbians social group. 604-438-5442
- In the Company of Womyn Lesbian social group with monthly meetings. Surrey/Langley –activities extended to the Fraser Valley. Jill: 604-881-2155
- Lesbi Friends Support & social group for lesbians in the Fraser Valley c/o Women’s Place 604-536-9611
- Not So Strictly Ballroom www.gayvancouver.bc.ca/nssb Same-sex ballroom dancing.
- Rainbow Womyn’s Group “We are a lesbian, bi, questioning womens peer support group who keep in contact through email and have monthly meetings in Kelowna and Vernon, as well, we keep people informed of other women’s events happening in the Valley and in Kamloops.” http://www.gayokanagan.net/rainbows.htm email list: firstname.lastname@example.org
- http://www.gayokanagan.net “is lesbian run although it is designed for both gay and lesbian, it is a free service to the Okanagan Vallery LGBT community”.
Vancouver Island Lesbians In Progress Society—social, support email@example.com 250-756-0769
- Hill House Transition House Temporary safe place for women and children leaving abusive relationships. Lesbians welcome. 250-479-3963
Know of other lesbian-operated or lesbian oriented resources in or outside of the lower mainland? Send a brief description to firstname.lastname@example.org (publication subject to editorial