Bushy Park sings country songs about dykes Country music is a style of music based on stories about regular people’s lives. Lesbians are regular people, but there are very few country songs about us. The women of Bushy Park take country songs old and new […]
My hope was that through the magic of science, I could figure out how to make good choices. How to find and love women who would be steady eddies, loving, stable, loyal, affectionate, and sexy as Xena to boot. Here’s what I learned, from this book (and a few others….), adapted here to be of help to single lesbians.
Tripsista is a website that promotes women’s destinations and travel. They seem to have a great offering of events if you’re ever looking for a sun holiday or retreat that is by for and about women. I generally want to travel to places that are women friendly, and with women, so this seemed like a good resource to me. While LQ does accept paid ads, this post isn’t one of them. 🙂 I just thought the information would be good. I encourage you to click through and see all the details.
Here’s a sample of what they have. This page imports a live feed of their offerings, so what you see below should be fresh.
- Mornington Peninsula Gourmet Food TourMornington Peninsula Gourmet Food TourJoin us for a guided gourmet food tour as we explore one of Victoria’s most popular regions.The Mornington Peninsula is the ideal food and wine region to base our full-day tour on and allow us to uncover the local delights.Not only is the food scene on… Read more »
- Journey Into Sacred Expression Women’s Retreat, The Yoga Forest, Lake Atitlan, GuatemalaJourney Into Sacred Expression Women’s Retreat, The Yoga Forest, Lake Atitlan, GuatemalaJoin Aimee Hansen of The Storyteller Within during her favorite month in Guatemala – July! Relax for a week of inspiring landscape, higher perspectives, and beauty all around. Take a creative and spiritual journey through meditation, yoga & self-exploratory writing and more at… Read more »
- Freediving and Yoga Retreat: Bima, Sumbawa to Northern Komodo National ParkFreediving and Yoga Retreat, August 3 – 9, 2019Bima, Sumbawa to Northern Komodo National Park – IndonesiaUpon your arrival at Bima, you’ll be taken to the neighboring island of Sangeang Api. It may be a small island, but it houses an active volcano, which makes the area a very diverse dive… Read more »
- Finger Lakes Outdoors package May-OctoberWhether biking along a sundrenched ridge overlooking Keuka Lake with the wind at your back, hiking through a deep-set gorge with the sound of rushing water in the air, or paddling a kayak through the crystal clear waters of Keuka Lake, there is no better base-camp than the Black Sheep… Read more »
- Culinary Tour of the Old City of Nablus, PalestineBait Al KARAMA Women’s Centre is a Palestinian Cookery School for foreigners visiting Palestine.Join the women for an amazing combination of cooking class and culinary tour through the Old City of Nablus, Palestine. Explore the tastes and secrets of one of the last remaining authentic souk in the region.Guests will have the… Read more »
- Melbourne Greek Food Cooking Class at your place up to 8 guestsMelbourne Greek Food Cooking Class at your place up to 8 guests Dates: Saturday July 20, Saturday August 24 (or to be arranged at your request)Whatever your appetite, a culinary experience provides something for everyone …The Hellenic Odyssey has all the ingredients to create a unique culinary experience for you and… Read more »
- Shady Ladies Of Paris TourShady Ladies Of Paris Tour – FranceMore than any other city in the world, Paris has a rich history of seductive women who rose to the top. From royal mistresses like Madame de Pompadour and Madame du Barry, to courtesans like the (real!) Lady of the Camellias, the Shady Ladies… Read more »
- Finger Lakes Girlfriends GetawayGirlfriend Getaway Package Your Finger Lakes Girlfriends Getaway is all about you and your friends coming together for a fun and relaxing time together. Whether it’s your college buddies, your fellow moms, or just a group of close friends, the Black Sheep Inn and Spa is the place to meet and… Read more »
For more travel ideas for women, check out their page here.
by Sophia Kelly (c) Lesbian Quarterly I bought my genderqueer girlfriend a silk bow tie for Christmas. It looks fabulous – green silk with a nice subtle pattern on it and super classy. For extra difficulty I bought it while visiting Calgary, which if you […]
By Sophia Kelly (c) Lesbian Quarterly
Most resources for learning tantra are extremely hetero-normative. All the exercises and and practice assume that everyone is in opposite sex, opposite gender pair and that all the women involved are interested in connecting with their ‘inner feminine’. It can be hard to wade through all the appalling drek to get to the good stuff.
This is really too bad, because sacred sexuality and the massage and energy practices associated with tantra practice can be really great for women who love women. The detailed vulva / vagina massage instructions alone are well worth investigating tantra. If you enjoy sexuality that is focussed on spiritual and energetic connection as well as the physical then Tantra practice has a lot to offer.
One of the best resources I have found for learning tantra in a much less hetero normative setting is Barbara Carellas’ Urban Tantra, Second Edition: Sacred Sex for the Twenty-First Century. It includes detailed, practical, content for women, men and transfolk who wish to practice tantra, and doesn’t assume anything about what combinations you will want to pair up in, or what toys or tools you’d like to use. It was quite refreshing.
So if you are looking to staying in with your significant woman this Valentines day, or a practical, hands-on antidote to lesbian bed death, this book is highly recommended.
A Statistics Canada study released in March of this year found that women in Canada still earn only 87 cents for every dollar a man earns. The way I see it, women are my team, and that it’s a good thing to support one another. […]